I’m A Professional Advisor
Starting a fund at a community foundation is significantly less expensive and easier than starting and operating a private foundation
By partnering with The WindsorEssex Community Foundation, professional advisors – accountants, lawyers, life insurance agents, financial planners and others – can help their clients fulfill their financial, family and charitable goals and in turn, enhance your relationship with your clients and their families.
In partnering with the community foundation, some of the advantages to your client include:
- We are knowledgeable of our community and its needs, enabling your client to be as effective as possible in their giving.
- Several charitable organizations or causes can be provided for with a single gift.
- The donor can specify a cause without having to name a particular organization.
- During the donor’s lifetime, he/she can alter the charitable purposes of the gift.
- The donor can rest assured that the fund will be professionally managed.
- The donor can rest assured that the fund will remain intact in perpetuity, providing lasting support to the community.
- The donor can remain anonymous.
As a public charity, we accept donations of cash, securities, bequests, gift of life insurance or real property and we offer maximum tax benefits. For a complete advisor guide for giving to community foundations click HERE.
- Flexible charitable vehicles
- Giving advice on charitable giving
- Listening for charitable opportunities
- Multiple benefits of charitable giving
- Canadian Charitable Gift Matrix
- Gift of Life Insurance Charitable Assets
- Gift of Real Estate Charitable Instruments
- Bequest by Will Charitable Instruments
- Charitable Remainder Trust Core Tools
- Charitable Instruments Core Tools
- Endowment Funds
View more Advisor resources on our Resources page HERE.